Send us your artistic proposal!
internationale tanzmesse nrw is accepting proposals for the Festival Programme.
- to send a proposal you need to rent a Booth yourself or be represented at a Booth and receive an invitation from that Booth Coordinator inviting you send a proposal through her/his Booth.
- all proposals need to be sent through a Tanzmesse account. You can use your existing account from Tanzmesse 2016 or Tanzmesse 2018. If you do not have a Tanzmesse account , please set up an account on our website (The email address you use to create your account will be the ONLY address that the Booth Coordinator will use to send you the invitation for the proposal.)
Proposing a "New Production", a work for a stage performance in the Festival Programme that will premiere after 30 September 2019 (including a premiere during Tanzmesse 2020).
The thematic focus of international tanzmesse nrw 2020 is "Tradition and the Present", but proposals without thematic reference are also welcome!
Aesthetic emphasis includes all styles of contemporary and urban dance.
Emerging as well as Experienced choreographersare encouraged to submit proposals.
In the Open Studio section, applications for productions that are ready for touring, can also be submitted for Tanzmesse 2020. These will be presented under the title "Pitchings".
Formats and Options
- “Performance”: Full length production (60 minutes or less) premiered between 2016 and 30 September 2019
- “Site-specific performance”: a performance that will take please outdoor, in a specific or public space or is adapted to a non-stage space (60 minutes or less)
- “New Production”: Full length production (60 minutes or less) that will premiere after 30 September 2019, including a premiere in the Tanzmesse Festival Programme
- “Open Studio”: an excerpt of a piece in development shown in a dance studio, followed by a feedback session with the audience – duration 30 minutes
- “Pitching”: an excerpt of a ready-to-tour production shown in a dance studio, followed by a feedback session with the audience – duration 30 minutes
If you need any more information on how to send a proposal for the Festival Programme, please visit our website and read our guidelines for artists. Artistic proposals for Performances, New Productions, Pitchings and Open Studios are accepted until 30 September 2019.