Tanzmesse Online Platform
27 August 2020, 16.00 h CEST via Zoom Meetings
More than ever we need to stay united. Especially, in times of closed theatres, physical distancing and lockdowns, we feel the urge to reach out to the Tanzmesse community.
Join us for a digital trip to Düsseldorf and a discussion about "How to get dance back on the road? - Touring, artist's mobility & international collaboration".
Not only the impact of Covid-19 on the performing arts sector is huge but also the shifts in context that the pandemic has catalyzed are concerning artists and cultural professionals. What has become even more visible is the inequalities in our society and in the arts and this raises many big questions:
- How do we as artists and cultural professionals address and deal with inequality in terms of access to funding and mobility in our work? What is the impact on artistic mobility and international collaboration?
- How can equal access to mobility, funding and networking be provided in an international context?
- How do we collaborate across power dynamics?
- What are possible strategies to make international collaboration work in the current situation?
Share your experience with us, discuss with us, meet new and familiar colleagues, and enjoy some time with the Tanzmesse community.
Welcome by Dieter Jaenicke, Director internationale tanzmesse nrw
Artistic Intervention & Apéro
Keynote by Gregory Maqoma (ZA)
Panel: „How to get dance back on the road? - Touring, artists‘ mobility & international collaborations“ + Q&A
Moderated by: Dieter Jaenicke, Director internationale tanzmesse nrw
- Yvona Kreuzmannová (CZ) – Artistic Director Tanec Praha
- Shamel Pitts (US) – Choreographer, selected artist for internationale tanzmesse nrw 2020
- Cristina Moura (BR) – Choreographer, selected artist for internationale tanzmesse nrw 2020
- Nike Jonah (ZA/UK) – Executive Director Pan African Creative Exchange (PACE)
- Cathy Levy (CA) – Executive Producer Dance National Arts Center, Ottawa, Guest Curator Canada Programme internationale tanzmesse nrw 2020
- Po-Cheng Tsai (TW) – Choreographer, Curator, selected artist for internationale tanzmesse nrw 2020
- <span style="font-size: 13.6px;">Walter Heun, Director JOINT ADVENTURES</span>
Statements by Tanzmesse 2020 artists
Group Discussions (in parallel):
FULLY BOOKED! - 1. Cultural Mobility: Rethinking International Formats, Funding and Support Systems - Marie Le Sourd (BE) – Secretary General On the Move - Cultural Mobility Information Network
2. How Can We Re-Invent Dance? Changes in Choreographic Practices and Aesthetics - Avatara Ayuso (UK/ES) – Choreographer, Dancer, Researcher, Activist
3. Where Do You Belong in Times of Crisis? Collaboration and Exchange Across Borders and What Does That Mean in Times of Crisis? - Omar Rajeh/Mia Habis (LB/FR) – Choreographers, Dancers, Directors
4. Is the Current Situation Affecting Your Personal and Professional Life? How Are YOU? - Christian Watty (DE/FR) – Advisor to internationale tanzmesse nrw
5. Will Intercontinental Exchange Return in Light of Our New Found Regionalisms? - Carolelinda Dickey (US) – Advisor to internationale tanzmesse nrw
6. Arts in (Times of) Reclusion: The Realities of Artists in Permanent or Long-Term Confinement. - Malco Oliveros (DK/PE) – Advisor to international tanzmesse nrw
7. How Can We Re-Connect Internationally After The Pandemic? - Mirna Zagar (CA/HR) – Director Dance Center Vancouver, Guest Curator Canada Programme internationale tanzmesse nrw 2020
8. Resources for Artistic Survival: How Do We Ensure Equal Access? - Georgina Thomson (ZA) - Director Dance Forum South Africa & Curator Dance Programme Vrystaat Arts Festival, Bloemfontein, Guest Curator South Africa Programme internationale tanzmesse nrw 2020
Click on the button below to register for the online platform free of charge. Please log in to your existing Tanzmesse account or create a Tanzmesse account. In the process of your registration you can also register for one of the eight discussion forums.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact us at email@example.com.